Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Hey Cal! Did you used to live here?


I've been checking estate sales the last couple of weeks. Looking for anything neat for the house or to resale. The last one was in Colony Woods in Chapel Hill. I think my old roomate Cal was brought home from the hospital (birth) to one of these two houses. Sorry, the pics ain't so hot. I figured folks might not be too thrilled with some dude stopping and taking photos of their residence. Anyway, did I nail it?


There isn't too much to do when you're waiting for the doors to open. It's pretty much pre-estate sale routine to eat a banana, drink coffee, listen to NPR, and take pictures of myself.

This particular time I didn't really find anything that I was interested in. Last week I missed out on a vintage Knoll Bertoia Wire Chair for 12 bucks. Someone had swiped the tag b4 I could get to it. Should've headed to the basement first. Anyway, after two weekends of getting up early on Saturday, milling around two estate sales and a huge rummage sale, all I ended up buying was this Cobra H.I.S.S. for 50 cents:

Duane understands.

2 comments:

  1. OH DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Thats so nice.
    Tell me there were two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turns out I was about 5 houses down from Cal's actual first home. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete